Crowns are an ideal way to rebuild teeth which have been broken, or which have been weakened by decay or a very large filling. The crown fits over the remaining part of the tooth, making it strong and giving it the shape and the contour of a natural tooth. Most crowns are made from porcelain fused to metal or gold. A precious metal base is made and then porcelain is applied in layers over it.
When a tooth is cracked, decayed, or damaged, a crown may need to be fitted onto the tooth. Crowns can help to whiten, reshape, and realign existing teeth.
• You may have discoloured fillings and would like to improve the appearance of the tooth.
• You may have had a root filling which will need a crown to protect it.
• It may be needed to help hold a bridge or denture firmly in place.
Dental Crown treatment is arranged in the following steps according to the results of the consultation:
• Preparation of the teeth
• Taking the impression
• Insertion of the Temporary Crown
• Construction of the Crown
• Insertion of the final Crown
During your first visit the dentist will prepare the teeth to provide an easy fit for the crowns.
An impression of your teeth is taken which is used to construct your crown.
A temporary crown is then fitted onto the teeth.
On your next visit the dentist removes the temporary crown and fits the permanent crown onto the teeth.
For prices, we offer varied ranges depending on your preferences and that can suitably fits in your budget.